The Jayco/Starcraft Owner's Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Rv lot Fort Myers, Fl available Jan 10th
so, Why a Jayco? EmptyThu Dec 25, 2014 4:25 pm by diane347

» breakaway switch
so, Why a Jayco? EmptyFri Nov 21, 2014 12:37 pm by Teddy O

» starcraft grill
so, Why a Jayco? EmptyFri Nov 07, 2014 5:22 pm by beanz6

» 33 Miles-Gone Mp3
so, Why a Jayco? EmptyTue Feb 18, 2014 11:57 am by yvanaquenb

» The Promise
so, Why a Jayco? EmptySat Feb 15, 2014 6:07 pm by yvanaquenb

» Temple Run For Pc Fixing Error 2.4.5 Download
so, Why a Jayco? EmptyFri Feb 14, 2014 2:13 pm by yvanaquenb

» Good morning world!
so, Why a Jayco? EmptySun Jun 16, 2013 1:28 pm by panthercity

» Water Line Freezing Problem
so, Why a Jayco? EmptyFri May 03, 2013 10:03 pm by FXK

» digital tv reception
so, Why a Jayco? EmptyFri Aug 24, 2012 4:12 pm by pat yurchak

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
free forum

so, Why a Jayco?

+12
smokin250
ralphthedog
Arrowsmith
Lucas874
TPLynch
TURBODOG1000
Deweyandcrew
turbofamily
Frank P. Martin
larrygranny1
Wiscampsin
Mike
16 posters

Go down

so, Why a Jayco? Empty so, Why a Jayco?

Post  Mike Fri Feb 27, 2009 6:40 pm

I bought mine after seeing my friend's 1986 jay series 30FK. I figured if a trailer could look like that thing after 19 years that's the brand I wanted. you can just "feel" the quality

Mike
Admin

Number of posts : 134
Current Rig : 08 Jayflight 30 BHS
Registration date : 2009-02-24

https://jayco.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

so, Why a Jayco? Empty Re: so, Why a Jayco?

Post  Wiscampsin Fri Feb 27, 2009 7:11 pm

We went looking for our pup in 2004 and we looked at lots of brands and floorplans. When we walked into our pervious Fleetwood highwall Hemlock, now named Niagara, we knew it would fit our need and wants. Same thing happened when we started thinking of upgrading to a hybrid in 2006, when we walked into a TrailCruiser C243S, that was it. Then we started looking for a TT in 2008 and again looked at several brands and floorplans. As soon as we walked into a Eagle 314 BHDS we knew it was the unit for us. It fit our needs and wants list, the floorplan worked for us, dealer was great, and Jayco's reputation all played a role in our decision.
Wiscampsin
Wiscampsin

Number of posts : 42
Current Rig : 2008 Jayco Eagle 314 BHDS
Registration date : 2009-02-27

Back to top Go down

Post  larrygranny1 Fri Feb 27, 2009 10:36 pm

After 20 yeaqrs in the Infantry, my idea of roughin it was a Motel 6, we spent the night in a new HOliday Express, got in around 2am, puled down th ecovers .........OH MY GOD. Thought someone had been killed on those sheets. That was it. Bought my firt rig two weeks later. My Jayco has been the best in all categories.

larrygranny1

Number of posts : 12
Current Rig : 25'Jayco with Slideout
Registration date : 2009-02-26

Back to top Go down

Post  Frank P. Martin Sat Feb 28, 2009 12:29 am

It's interesting you should mention that, larrygranny1. People often ask me why I drag this trailer around rather than simply stay in a motel. My standard reply is:

Because when I climb into my bed at night, I KNOW who slept in it the night before.

It's funny, but as soon as I give them that answer, the subject immediately changes to some other topic.
Frank P. Martin
Frank P. Martin

Number of posts : 37
Current Rig : 2000 Jayco Eagle 266 FBS

Back to top Go down

Post  Mike Sat Feb 28, 2009 12:42 am

I bought this trailer by accident. I went to the mega- dealer in town who I bought my Dutchmen from to get parts and a salesperson grabbed me and started showing me trailers. I had time to kill so I went along with them. We didn't have a Bunkhouse but had had another kid since we bought the first one. They showed me a 26' edgewater BH and I told them to get me under $200 a month and I'll take it home no $ down knowing that they would have to pay off my trailer and get me one long loan. they gave me a 220 payment and said it was the best they would do. I got up and walked out. By the time I got home they were on the phone telling me 198 at my credit union for 10 years. well I called the credit union, got the info, Called the jayco dealer and talked to the guy I had talked to before there. He flat out told me I was getting ripped off he told me he would sell me a jayflight 30 BHS with separate bedroom and other features, 2 year warranty, etc. for $497 more than they were selling me the edgewater for and he was making money. when I asked how much he said "where do you think the $497 comes in" after a chuckle I told him I would be there in 2 hours to make the deal. my payment ended up at $210

So, the first dealer packed the payment (quoted $20 more to make room to sell me stuff in finance) then made the mistake to give me info when I was at home and not "in the box". and they not only lost the sale, they gave me the info about the credit union special I didn't know about and I would probably not have bought

Mike
Admin

Back to top Go down

so, Why a Jayco? Empty RE: So Why A Jayco?

Post  turbofamily Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:35 am

After many months of research both on internet and with leg work, couldn't beat the quality and the price!! Went back to dealer we bought PUP from, received a great deal!!

turbofamily

Current Rig : 2002 Jayco HTT 23B
Registration date : 2009-02-28

Back to top Go down

Post  Deweyandcrew Sat Feb 28, 2009 1:19 pm

Actually, we'd been planning on buying a Sprinter with the same floorplan. We went to the RV show in Chantilly, VA last year, and looked again at the Sprinter, but the dealer just couldn't get the numbers where I wanted them. We wandered around the show and just happened to look into the Jayco. We had never even considered a Jayco! But, they had the 32BHDS there and when we went in, we were impressed. What made us choose it over the similar Keystone floor plan? The fact that in the bunkhouse, each bed in the Jayco had a window that could be opened and the rear window had a larger area that opened than in the Keystone. There was also a bunkhouse ceiling vent in the Jayco that wasn't in the Keystone. We really wanted a smooth sided trailer, but decided that the interior was far more important to us than the exterior construction. We got a great show price from that dealer, then went to a closer dealer and got them to match the price! We had to order the trailer to get the interior colors that we wanted, so while we were ordering it, we asked them to leave off the electric awning which was just too short for our taste. We also asked them to leave off the exterior grill and it's rail, since we already had a new grill. We ordered a 23' manual Carefree awning with a center support system, slide-toppers, and an electric tongue jack and had these items installed by our dealer before delivery. We took delivery of our unit in April, and used it all summer long. LOVE that the second door into the bathroom is covered by the awning, when the electric awning would not have covered it. We worked out a lot of "bugs" so far, including a faulty propane sensor. We did almost have a fire in it in October, due to the converter recall. But luckily, we smelled the burning smell before any serious damage was done-mostly burned/melted converter wiring and a half-dollar size scorch mark inside the cabinetry! This floorplan works great for the 4 of us and 2 dogs! We love the fact that wet kids/dogs can enter through the bathroom and keep the mess to a minimum. We will be adding shelving to the closet near the interior bathroom door to create space for towels, bedding, etc. but we're really happy with it, so far!

Deweyandcrew

Number of posts : 10
Current Rig : 2008 Jayco Jayflight G2 32BHDS
Registration date : 2009-02-28

Back to top Go down

Post  TURBODOG1000 Sat Feb 28, 2009 5:38 pm

We were looking at the Rockwood 8318SS but stopped when we realized it had very little storage space. We went with the 2007 Jayco 31BHDS that is also a double slide with 2 bunks and has a ton of storage space. The Jayco and the Rockwood are both around 33' nose to tail, but the Jayco weighs about 2000 lbs more. This is ok with me because we live in the ___FLATLANDS__ of Indiana.

TURBODOG1000

Number of posts : 7
Current Rig : 2007 Jayco 31 BHDS

Back to top Go down

so, Why a Jayco? Empty Why Jayco

Post  TPLynch Mon Mar 02, 2009 4:21 am

I spent one year looking at alot of different TTs at 6 different RV shows and lots of dealers lots. I kept going back to Jayco because of the fit and finish. None of the ones I looked at looked as good as the Jaycos did. I wasn't at all surprised when I did my PDI and mine looked even better than those I had previously looked at! I'm a firm believer that if a company takes the extra time to make everything you can see look good, then chances are what you can't see is done right too! For the past 6 months I've been looking for a Toy Hauler. I was just about sold on a Eclipse Attitude when I came to my sensus! My TT has been absolutely trouble free, all systems have worked perfectly since day one, I have a good relationship with my dealer who also have a top notch maintenance department, and the 2 year warranty! I couldn't buy anything else but a Jayco.....so I did!

TPLynch

Number of posts : 2
Current Rig : 2008 Jayflight G2 29BHS (2009 Octane 26Y on order)

Back to top Go down

Post  Lucas874 Mon Mar 02, 2009 10:51 am

When we decided we wanted to purchase a travel trailer, I started doing some research and visiting dealerships. We looked at dozens of trailers such as Terry, Mallard, Savoy, Salem, Zinger, Crossroad Cruiser, Innsbruck, Cherokee, Sprinter, Coachman. I wasn't overly impressed with the quaility and/or the dealers' attitudes. Visiting several rv forums, I got turned onto Jayco and decided to go check them out even though the dealer was some distance from my home as compared to the other dealers I had already visited...I am glad I decided to take the drive! I found the fit and finish of the Jayco units to be better than other units I had seen and the dealer was very matter of fact and laid back compared to some of the others I had dealt with. (My dealer was the former service manager and just bought the business from his boss, so he really knows his product line and sells only Jayco) The two year warranty steered my decision as well. So off we went with an 07 Jayflight 29bhs....A year later we attended the Boston rv show and saw a new floorplan Jayco was offering, the 32bhds. We fell in love with it. After learning that the floorplan was going to be available in the Eagle line, we checked out the Jayflight G2 32bhds and the Eagle 324bhds side by side and ended up ordering a 2009 Eagle 324bhds...too bad that Jayco didn't offer this floorplan back in 2007 when we bought the 29bhs but...looking forward to a great season in the new rig!

Lucas874

Number of posts : 15
Current Rig : 2009 Jayco Eagle 324BHDS

Back to top Go down

Post  Arrowsmith Mon Mar 02, 2009 5:19 pm

I guess we really just got lucky. We stopped at a local RV dealer that was a Jayco distributor. We looked at a 2009 Jay Feather and really liked it.....except for the price. It was a rear kitchen model and had all the bells and whistles.

We then went to look at a used Coachman that was advertised on Craigs List. On the way we passed a used RV lot. We decided to stop and there sat a 2005 Jay Feather 27P. It looked brand new and for about 1/2 the price of the 09. We bought it. Very Happy

Arrowsmith

Number of posts : 4
Current Rig : 2005 Jay Feather 27P

Back to top Go down

Post  ralphthedog Fri Mar 06, 2009 5:09 pm

We bought ours by accident too. I was convinced I wanted a Rockwood 2601SS, until I saw it. Not what i had expected, maybe I was expecting too much.

I remember the first time we saw the Jayco we bought. It was outside, the sun was almost down and it was cold. The slide was in and no power on the trailer. I thought it was ok, but still liked the Rockwood better. Then they had it brought in for us, lit it up and extended the slide. I still wasn't completely sold, since I wanted 2 single bunks, and the 28BHS had the double under a single. The salesman told us they would modify it to make it 2 single bunks, and add a nightstand (basically the same cabinet as above, but put a piece of countertop on it. They also added an overhead vent in the 'master bedroom' as it didn't come with one. Now it's almost perfect. Here's some pics ofthe bunk mods....

so, Why a Jayco? Bunks2

so, Why a Jayco? Bunks1

ralphthedog

Current Rig : 2002 Ram 1500 Quad 4x4 2008 Jayflight 28BHS
Registration date : 2009-03-06

Back to top Go down

Post  smokin250 Fri Mar 06, 2009 9:11 pm

My 322 is our 2nd travel trailer. We had a Nomad 2900 the same layout no slide in the bedroom and kind of plain Jane. It was a good trailer just wanted to step up and have more room in the bedroom. Went looking at the mega dealer. I liked a Denali that they had there but they sold it as i was talking to the salesman.

I stopped at the Jayco dealer and told them what i wanted. They showed me the 322. And it fit the bill.
and the price was great!! Went home and talked the DW into looking at it.

Thats all it took she fell in love with. We bought it on the spot! We picked it up on a Saturday packed it Sunday went for 10 days to Silver lake sand dunes on that Wednesday.

Not one single problem!! its a very well built travel trailer and the quality shows

Tom
smokin250
smokin250

Number of posts : 9
Current Rig : 2008 Eagle 322 FKS
Registration date : 2009-03-05

Back to top Go down

so, Why a Jayco? Empty so,why a Jayco?

Post  mtmele Tue Mar 17, 2009 4:41 pm

I was at an RV show in late September with a friend who was looking. (I wasn't)
He was given such a fantastic deal I couldn't resist. So we did a two-fer. Been paying since November and don't have it home yet! Sad .
I've known Jayco to be a class company for years. I was comfortable with the solvency of Jayco due to their financial status. I owned an orphan, 2004 Citation, and didn't want to end up owning another. After seeing the new Eagle 320 RLS I didn't hesitate.

mtmele

Current Rig : 2009 Eagle 320RLS, 2007 Tundra DC 5.7 Limited
Registration date : 2009-03-17

Back to top Go down

Post  tnscoutr Wed Mar 25, 2009 3:12 pm

After about a year of research, we decided that a floorplan like the 26BH/27BH would suit us best. Sent emails to all of the local dealers outlining what we were looking for. Found the one we bought in Ohio a month later from a private seller after not hearing anything back from the locals.

tnscoutr

Number of posts : 11
Current Rig : 2004 Jayflight 27BH

Back to top Go down

Post  Mike Fri Mar 27, 2009 2:17 pm

ralphthedog wrote:We bought ours by accident too. I was convinced I wanted a Rockwood 2601SS, until I saw it. Not what i had expected, maybe I was expecting too much.

I remember the first time we saw the Jayco we bought. It was outside, the sun was almost down and it was cold. The slide was in and no power on the trailer. I thought it was ok, but still liked the Rockwood better. Then they had it brought in for us, lit it up and extended the slide. I still wasn't completely sold, since I wanted 2 single bunks, and the 28BHS had the double under a single. The salesman told us they would modify it to make it 2 single bunks, and add a nightstand (basically the same cabinet as above, but put a piece of countertop on it. They also added an overhead vent in the 'master bedroom' as it didn't come with one. Now it's almost perfect. Here's some pics ofthe bunk mods....

so, Why a Jayco? Bunks2

so, Why a Jayco? Bunks1

that is some nice work they did!

Mike
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Frank P. Martin Fri Mar 27, 2009 10:56 pm

We bought our current TT, sight unseen, at the Pittsburgh RV Show in January of 2000. The dealer had the trailer we were interested in back on his lot but gave us all the particulars (i.e. interior color, and options). So, using the floor plan, we went from trailer to trailer at the show. One had the interior color, another, the slideout, still another had the refrigerator (ours has the optional 8 cu/ft). We had to piece it all together in our minds. But, we liked what we saw and made the purchase. The dealer said he'd keep it for us until we were ready for it in the spring, but the excitement of it all was just too much and we took delivery on Valentine's Day. What a day! We arrived at the dealer's early that afternoon for the PDI only to learn that they had preped the wrong trailer (a 1999 of the same model instead of the 2000). We had to wait about 2 hours while they removed it and preped the right one. Meanwhile, it had begun snowing outside and by the time we completed the PDI, had our "educational training" and pulled our new "home" out of the lot, the roads were turning white. I had zero experience pulling a trailer this large and a "goose egg" in using electric brakes too. By the time we got to the self-store (where we were keeping it) we had already seen one skidding accident due to the icy conditions. I somehow managed to back it into the parking slot ok but couldn't quite figure out how to release the hitch. It took my son and I about a half hour to figure it out. Then I went to unlock the door to go inside the trailer and the locks had frozen from when the dealer washed it inside his garage. Fortunately, there was a home center across the street where I bought some lock de-icer.

We arrived home wet, cold and tired, but elated to no end with our new purchase.
Frank P. Martin
Frank P. Martin

Number of posts : 37
Current Rig : 2000 Jayco Eagle 266 FBS

Back to top Go down

so, Why a Jayco? Empty So why a Jayco?

Post  MeandMyLabs Sun Mar 29, 2009 8:45 pm

For us, it was an easy decision. I love to camp, my wife tolerates it once in a while and my kids are grown and have other activities now. I wanted a small but easy to pull trailer with a couch separate from the bedroom area. The 19bh filled those requirements plus I knew a very good dealer close to me (Four Winds of Maroa, Illinois) and I liked the two year warranty. We are new owners of this TT (our first new one) and new to Jayco but are very impressed so far. Smile
MeandMyLabs
MeandMyLabs

Current Rig : 2009 Jayco 19BH
Registration date : 2009-03-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Hi Mountain Pilot Mon Jul 27, 2009 12:53 am

I have just purchased a 1995 3420FK just by the photos, it looks very clean, I will find out Wednesday when I go get it ( 500 miles ). It was just what I was looking for in size and features. I researched Jayco and could not find any negatives about the company. I will let you know how it works out..

Hi Mountain Pilot

Number of posts : 5
Current Rig : 3420FK
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down