The Jayco/Starcraft Owner's Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Rv lot Fort Myers, Fl available Jan 10th
Opinions on Jay Feather 22Y EmptyThu Dec 25, 2014 4:25 pm by diane347

» breakaway switch
Opinions on Jay Feather 22Y EmptyFri Nov 21, 2014 12:37 pm by Teddy O

» starcraft grill
Opinions on Jay Feather 22Y EmptyFri Nov 07, 2014 5:22 pm by beanz6

» 33 Miles-Gone Mp3
Opinions on Jay Feather 22Y EmptyTue Feb 18, 2014 11:57 am by yvanaquenb

» The Promise
Opinions on Jay Feather 22Y EmptySat Feb 15, 2014 6:07 pm by yvanaquenb

» Temple Run For Pc Fixing Error 2.4.5 Download
Opinions on Jay Feather 22Y EmptyFri Feb 14, 2014 2:13 pm by yvanaquenb

» Good morning world!
Opinions on Jay Feather 22Y EmptySun Jun 16, 2013 1:28 pm by panthercity

» Water Line Freezing Problem
Opinions on Jay Feather 22Y EmptyFri May 03, 2013 10:03 pm by FXK

» digital tv reception
Opinions on Jay Feather 22Y EmptyFri Aug 24, 2012 4:12 pm by pat yurchak

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
free forum

Opinions on Jay Feather 22Y

2 posters

Go down

Opinions on Jay Feather 22Y Empty Opinions on Jay Feather 22Y

Post  marvela45 Sat Sep 19, 2009 10:06 pm

Hello all --- My wife and I went to an RV show this morning and are seriously considering trading in our 2007 Flagstaff 23 FBS for a 2010 Jay Feather 22Y.We had been wanting to get a unit with a larger restroom. We viewed a number of makes but were most impressed with the fit-finish and floor plan of the 22Y. I am new to this forum and have owned three TT but never a Jayco product.I will greatly appreciate any opinions or comments about about the Jay Feather line from those of you who own or have owned one.One question I have is how reliable are the dry weights advertised.The sales person tells me that Jayco weighs all units before shipping them and that the 4370 pounds claimed for the 22 Y is accurate.I would also appreciate comments on Jayco warranty performance and reliability of the units.Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.

marvela45

Number of posts : 2
Current Rig : 2010 Jayco Feather 22y
Registration date : 2009-09-19

Back to top Go down

Opinions on Jay Feather 22Y Empty Re: Opinions on Jay Feather 22Y

Post  Frank P. Martin Sun Sep 20, 2009 3:52 pm

Hmmmm... As you may (or may not) already know, the 4,370lb dry weight the dealer quoted you is the same as what's on Jayco's website for this unit and, Jayco's definition for how the dry weight is arrived at is as follows:

"Unloaded Vehicle Weight (UVW): Sometimes referred to as "Dry Weight." UVW means the typical weight of this trailer as built at the factory. The UVW, as used in product literature and other promotional materials, does not include cargo, fresh water, LP gas, options or dealer-installed accessories."

Note what I underlined above. The 4,370lb doesn't include the weight of any optional factory installed features like an awning, A/C, etc.

Jayco does weigh each trailer (including any installed options at time of manufacture) and pastes it somewhere inside the coach (ours is on the inside of a kitchen cabinet door). Using my own trailer as an example, the specifications in the product literature specified a dry weight of 5,875. However, the weight sticker in the kitchen cabinet is listed as 6,134lb. And remember, even the weight sticker that Jayco puts unside the unit is no longer accurate if the dealer adds something before delivery. My trailer's actually slightly heavier than 6,134lb because I had the dealer add a spare tire and carrier to the rear bumper.

Being that you appear to be concerned about the Jay Feather's weight, I suspect your TV must be close or over its capacity.
Frank P. Martin
Frank P. Martin

Number of posts : 37
Current Rig : 2000 Jayco Eagle 266 FBS
Registration date : 2009-02-26

Back to top Go down

Post  marvela45 Mon Sep 21, 2009 12:51 am

Thanks to F.P. Martin for your reply. Although My TV should easily handle the 22Y (I have an F-250) I wanted to verify whether the info given to me by sales rep is accurate or if he was fudging a little as I had told him I was interested in an ultra light because of the lower weight.You pointed out that dry weight is the weight before options,liquids etc.If the empty weight of the TT is 4370 it stands to reason that it is going to have a higher actual to allow for ac,microwave oven,TV etc. I guess it sort of concerns me that sales rep either does not know the product very well or knowingly gave me incorrect info.Thanks again ---

marvela45

Number of posts : 2
Current Rig : 2010 Jayco Feather 22y
Registration date : 2009-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post  Frank P. Martin Mon Sep 21, 2009 1:15 pm

I wouldn't be too hard on that salesman. After all, I doubt if Jayco (or any manufacturer for that matter) provides dealers a table that lists all the options along with their weights so the salesman could add them to the unit's weight in the product literature. Here's an idea. Maybe manufacturers should provide this information so a more accurate weight can be obtained. In the salesman's defense, he did give you the correct weight, though, based on the information he had at hand.

With computers, I can't see why it wouldn't be possible to develop something to estimate a unit's dry weight based on the options selected. In fact, why don't they list each option's weight in the product literature so you could add it up yourself.

As Sy Symms always said: "An educated consumer is our best customer.". Providing information like the weight of each each option will educate the consumer so that he can become a "best customer".
Frank P. Martin
Frank P. Martin

Number of posts : 37
Current Rig : 2000 Jayco Eagle 266 FBS
Registration date : 2009-02-26

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down